Northwest Folklife Festival
– presented at the Seattle Center
FREE | Memorial Day Weekend | May 25th – May 28th 2018
Considered one of the largest free folk festivals, the Northwest Folklife Festival has brought a celebration of diversity and tradition to the heart of Seattle since 1972. Come to the Festival to discover the wide variety of music, dance, and folk arts that thrive in the Northwest region.
At the Festival you are likely to hear new kinds of music, and discover different variety of food, try out a new type of dance, and experience fresh perspectives on the cultures in this area. Join festivalgoers from all over the world!
The Northwest Folklife Festival is the largest of its kind–a community-powered, multi-day event, to celebrate all forms of cultural expression. The Northwest Folklife Festival draws over 250,000 people annually to Seattle Center. This event is not to be missed!
Top Things to do at the Northwest Folklife Festival
- Discovery Zone – Children’s activities
- Browse the Muckleshoot Canoe Display
- Powow and Coastal Celebration
- Dance Workshops from Hawaiian to Bollywood
- Watch Live Music
- Taste at the Wine and Beer Garden
- Sample foods from around the world
- Watch the several parades
- Shop the arts and craft booths
Hundreds of Live Musical Perfomances
- Hip Hop
- R & B
- Country & Western
- Bagpipe Players
- Childrens Music
- African Marimba Music